*Links marked with asterisks are affiliate links, these help Ree with running costs of the blog
I absolutely love complexion products, so I was super excited to test out the Rose Inc Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum. I have a range of shades swatched here along with my review. Enjoy!
What is Rose Inc Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum?
- Hydrating skin tint
- Aims to bridge the gap between skincare and makeup
- Delivers sheer, radiant coverage
- Uses pigment spheres suspended within a skincare base
- Formula is infused with hyaluronic acid to plump and smooth the appearance of fine lines
- Squalane works to moisturise and hydrate the skin
- Includes peptides to help protect against environmental damage
- Available in 14 shades
Rose Inc Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum Shades & Swatches
- 010 – fair skin tone, cool pink undertone
- 020 – light skin tone, warm peach undertone
- 030 – light skin tone, warm golden undertone
- 040 – light to medium skin tone, neutral undertone
- 050 – medium skin tone, neutral undertone
- 060 – medium skin tone, neutral undertone
- 070 – medium skin tone, peach undertone
- 080 – medium tan skin tone, peach undertone
- 090 – medium deep skin tone, olive undertone
- 100 – medium deep skin tone, golden undertone
- 110 – deep skin tone, golden undertone
- 120 – deep skin tone, red undertone
- 130 – deep skin tone, neutral undertone
- 140 – very deep skin tone, red undertone
I have four shades to show you, 010, 020, 040, 050:
Here are the swatches – 010, 020, 040, 050:
Before and After Photos
I have spent quite a lot of time working out which is the best shade for and I have come to the conclusion that I am between 040 and 050.
I can wear both quite easily, and tend to opt for 040 if I am wearing a full face of makeup, as bronzer is just what it needs to make it perfect.
If, however, I just want a little something to even out my complexion on no makeup day, then 050 is great for this as it warms everything up just a touch, and I don’t really need to bronze.
I thought it might be helpful to show you both on my face at once in the photo below.
As I was skipping bronzer in the photo above, I actually used a bit more product to build up the colour.
My General Foundation Shades
For reference, my other good matches right now are:
My Review of Rose Inc Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum
If you are looking for something dewy and natural, I think you are going to like this. I find it a really easy product to work with that delivers a good level of hydration with a nice skin perfecting coverage and natural finish.
I gathered your questions on Instagram so will use those to form the structure of this review section. Hope it’s helpful!
Rose Inc Skin Tint vs Chanel Water Tint
This question came up a lot and I can see why because these two products have a lot in common. I have never actually owned the Chanel Water Fresh Tint, but I have played with. In order to answer this question as fully as I can, I’ve done a bit of research and these are my findings:
- Rose Inc has more coverage and is more densely pigmented than the Chanel
- The Chanel as a more watery, runny consistency
- The Rose Inc has a more radiant finish than the Chanel
- Rose Inc has 14 shades as opposed to Chanel’s 8 shades
Is it non-comedogenic?
The Rose Inc press materials include that it is non-comedogenic and is formulated without pore-clogging ingredients.
Does it contain fragrance?
I couldn’t find any reference to the product being fragrance free in the press materials. I had a look at the ingredients list and it contains something called Jasminum Sambac Leaf Cell Extract.
This is an ingredient used in skincare and makeup products to mask the natural odour of products and give products a more pleasant aroma. So the answer is that it’s not fragrance free. This doesn’t mean that it will be irritating, but it might be something to consider if you are very sensitive to fragrance.
What is the best way to apply it?
I find the best way to apply it is to pump it out on the back of the hand and then use a brush to blend the pigments into the base, then apply straight onto the face.
Does it hydrate the skin?
I find the formula to be nice and hydrating and it feels like skincare to the touch.
What is the finish and coverage?
I am actually really impressed with the coverage and I think it offers a really nice light to medium buildable coverage. It definitely gives more coverage than I was expecting, however, it still looks really natural on the skin.
It gives a pleasing natural looking radiance which I love, and as I said above, the general consensus is that it is more glowy than the Chanel water tint.
Is it long wearing?
I find this lasts pretty well on my skin. I haven’t been powdering it and I still have a nice level of coverage at the end of the day. Because the formula is nice and light, it wears very naturally and I haven’t noticed it breaking up or going patchy.
I hope all that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. You can leave a comment here, and drop me a message on Instagram.
Where to buy Rose Inc Skin Enhance Luminous Tinted Serum
The skin tint is £36 / $49 and it’s available via the following links:
For other Rose Inc products, check out my general review of the Rose Inc brand.